Sneak Peek: 100% Pure Gemmed Luminizer Moonstone Glow and Rose Gold

A day or two after I received the Blood Orange Cleansing Balm, another package in the mail came and housed two products that I almost did a little dance over when I read their boxes. 100% Pure has some of the most beautiful liquid highlighters ( the Luminating Creme in Northering Lights is a particular favorite of mine) and to see that they expanded their range of powdered highlighters is extremely exciting! What makes these particular luminizers so special is the fact that they are formulated with actual powdered gemstones! These natural minerals catch and reflect light in such a beautifully elegant way that you don't get the flashy, glittery, disco ball effect that some highlighters can leave on the skin. They remind me of the highlight version of the Gemmed Lip Glosses (my favorite shade is Crystal).

Gemmed Luminizer in Moonstone Glow and Rose Gold 
Launching February 21, 2017




  • Vegan
  • Cruelty-Free
  • Gluten-Free
Ingredients:

(Moonstone Glow and Rose Gold have the same ingredients)
Oryza Sativa (Rice) Starch, Silica, Persea Gratissima OIl (Avocado Butter), Theobroma Cacao (Cocoa) Seed Butter, Extracts of Punica Granatum (Pomegranate), Vaccinium Macrocarpon Fruit (Cranberry), Fragaria Vesca Fruit (Strawberry), Rubus Idaeus Fruit (Raspberry), Prunus Serotina Fruit (Cherry), Prunus Armeniaca Fruit (Apricot), Prunus Persica Fruit (Peach) and Vitis Vinifera Fruit (Cabernet Grapes) and Matricaria Chamomilla Leaf (Chamomile), Punca Granatum (Pomegranate) Extract, Lycium Chinese Fruit (Goji Berry) Extract, Tocopherol (Vitamin E), Mica (Natural Shimmery Mineral), Labradorite (Natural Mineral Stone), Moonstone (Natural Mineral Stone), Australian Opal (Natural Mineral Stone), Pyrite (Natural Mineral Stone), Sunstone (Natural Mineral Stone), May Contain Iron Oxides.

Description and Use:
"100% Pure's Gemmed Lumnizer reveals glowing & luminous skin with light reflecting gemstones. Colored from antioxidant-rich fruit pigments, rather than harmful synthetic dyes."

"Apply luminizer with 100% Pure Cruelty Free Blush Brush on the highest points of the cheeks, bridge of the nose, and anywhere else you want to glow!"



Packaging:
These highlighters come in the same pink aluminum compacts that all 100% Pure Face Powders come in. I'm not the craziest about this aluminum containers for a couple of reasons. These delicate powders are some times not very well protected in the packaging and I've seen my fair share of broken compacts. The outer box is also not quite as heavy duty as the previous rounded cardboard outer packaging. In general, I also try to limit my exposure to aluminum; however, since only the powdered product touches my skin I'm not totally opposed to aluminium packaging. 

First Impression:

When I first opened up these two luminizers, I was really shocked at how different the shades were! I'm used to seeing highlight powders that are fairly similar and light. Moonstone Glow is a lovely ethereal soft pink shade with flecks of silver and opalescent lavender. Because of all the different shades of light in Moonstone Glow, I can see it being really flattering on a huge variety of undertones. Rose Gold is a very unique and different shade that I am so excited to start using in the summer. It's a stunning coppery, gold, warm highlight that will completely flatter warmer, more golden, or darker complexions. It reminds me vaguely of a powder form of the All Over Glow in Lightly Sunkissed



The texture of the luminizer is a bit less creamy than I was expecting and there seems to be a little bit of fall out when you swatch from the pan. I'm sure that the natural stone pigments are a bit larger than most traditional pigments, but I like the idea so much of natural stone minerals in my cosmetics that I'm okay with a more powdery highlight. It does take a while to blend and build up coverage, but I'm very curious to try this formula with a damp brush or beauty blender for more glam strobbing. 

Which new Gemmed Luminizer speaks to you?!

<3 Sam

2 comments

  1. Is the Rose Gold anything like the Mary Loumanizer by the Balm? I used to love that highlight and have been looking for a clean dupe. Loved your blog post Sam!
    -Laura
    @laurablushing

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Laura!
    It definitely has the gold glimmer in it, but the base shade is a little more coppery/bronze than the Mary LouManizer. I can see it being a summer must have for sure :).
    ❤Sam

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top