100% Pure Bamboo Blur Tinted Moisturizer Swatches and Review

Being someone that has always appreciated medium to full coverage, I have generally steered clear of tinted moisturizers. As my skin has improved over the years, however, I find myself reaching for BB creams, CC creams, and tinted moisturizers as an option for daily wear. When I learned that 100% Pure was going to be launching a new tinted moisturizer using pore diffusing bamboo silica, there was definitely a little bit of a happy dance going on in my head. With normal/combination skin, I was already using and loving the Bamboo Blur Powder from 100% Pure to set my makeup and keep my forehead and nose shine at bay during the day. Could this new formula live up to the hype of the powder? Keep reading to find out!


Bamboo Blur Tinted Moisturizer 
$45 

Available in 6 Shades:
Creme- Fair/Light Complexion Neutral Undertones
White Peach- Light Complexions Warm Undertones
Sand- Light Complexions Neutral Undertones
Peach Bisque- Medium Complexions Neutral Undertones
Golden Peach- Medium/Tan Complexions Warm Undertones
Toffee- Tan Complexions Neutral Undertones



PROS:
I really liked the coverage aspect of this tinted moisturizer. Unlike many that go on sheer and do little to correct redness and uneven tone, this formula seems to provide a much more build-able coverage that effectively camouflaged the redness I get near my chin and nose. The formula also set surprisingly quickly and dried to an almost semi-matte finish which was really nice. Usually, I find that my normal BB and CC creams leave a slightly dewy finish that doesn't always work well in my combo areas. Wearing this throughout the day definitely felt comfortable and I felt no tightness or itchiness (which I typically do with most foundations on my super sensitive skin). 

CONS:
Despite really liking this formula, there were a couple things that I wish could have been improved upon slightly. With the amount of bamboo silica in the formula, you have to work extremely quickly to blend the product on to the skin. I also wish that there was some slightly warmer shades to choose from as I felt completely in between White Peach and Peach Bisque. During the day I noticed some separation between my skin and the product; however, that is fairly typical for me with most foundations and tinted 
moisturizers.

Bamboo Blur Tinted Moisturizer in White Peach and Peach Bisque

FIRST IMPRESSION:
Overall, as a tinted moisturizer I did really like the Bamboo Blur formula. I think it's a great option for lightweight coverage during the warm summer months. I think it can also be a great transition for girls that are used to heavy foundation formulas that was to ease into something lighter and more breathable. For those with oilier or combination skin types, this can definitely work to your advantage. Compared to 100% Pure's typical plastic packaging and bottles, I was ecstatic to see a heavy bottom glass bottle! The pump on this product also seems like a much higher quality than the other packaging options. For those having issues with application, I found that if I applied this over a facial oil and used a damp makeup blender I got the best results. 

INGREDIETNS:

*I was sent product for my honest review. I did not receive payment for my review and the opinions expressed in this post are entirely my own.



No comments

Back to Top